Augmented Reality Software Engineer ARSoftEng
We are looking for people passionate about Augmented Reality to join in and help us build engaging AR applications to improve situation awareness in media planning and disaster management scenarios.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and a cover letter in English or Greek at firstname.lastname@example.org with reference ARSoftEng.
We have an opening for an AR software engineer, who will work in the context of a research program to:
- Develop Outdoor AR applications for multiple devices (Tablets, Mobile Phones, Headsets like Microsoft Hololens) in the context of Disaster Management and Media Planning.
- Explore, prototype, and build experiences on how people interact in AR.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with research teams.
- Write production-quality Code.
- Maintain a high level of quality while working within design constraints and balancing real time performance.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with your team and partners.
Requirements, Desired Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in Unity.
- Experience with Augmented Reality
- Programming languages: C#
- SDK for AR development (ARFoundation, ARcore, ARKit, Vuforia, etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience in computer vision, graphics, or computational imaging.
- Experience in Linear Algebra & Geometry
- General backend development (SQL, RESTful APIs etc.)
- Additional programming languages (Python etc.)
- Linux Operating System (deployment of applications, security etc.)
- Software versioning tools (Git etc.)
- Experience in translation of end-user requirements into SW requirements
- Analytical skills to solve complex problems with creativity and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies and investigate solutions
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Strong desire to learn and accept new challenges
- Planning and time-management skills
- Capable to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary research groups in the context of international research and innovation projects
What do we provide
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment
- Opportunities to pursue and work on cutting edge technologies
- Opportunity to publish novel research, participate in conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia
- Competitive salary